What’s an exercise in frustration and takes longer than you could have ever possibly imagined?
Hiring a copywriter for a copy project you needed to complete two weeks ago.
It’s the wild west out there in Copywriterville.
Anybody with a laptop and internet connection gets automatic citizenship. And the results aren’t always pretty.
It’s not all bad, though. You can do some digging to find copywriters who have the goods: experience and great results to show for…
But first you need to:
- Decide if you can wait 8 weeks or more to get started (the copywriters worth waiting for usually have waitlist)
- Set up a meeting (Will next Tuesday at 3 work? No? Oh, how about Wednesday at 9 am? No, 9 am Eastern. You’re on pacific? I see. How about next Monday at 4 pm?…)
- Wait for a proposal
- Send the proposal back to make changes
- Come to an agreement (yay!)
Then watch as your business misses opportunities and sales for the next 3 months (or more!) waiting for your project to start, then waiting for it to complete, then waiting for it to be designed/developed/published.
Waiting, waiting, waiting…
And honestly – if you’re looking for high-impact copy that moves the needle for your business – it is definitely worth the wait and the cost. I can refer you to a number of qualified folks – just ask.
But in the meantime, or until you have the resources (time and $$) to invest – you need copy NOW.
With FastCopy you get it. Well, maybe not right this second, but within 3-5 business days.
What about one of those freelancer sites, you may be asking?
(And if you’re asking, you probably haven’t looked yet. Because. Ugh.)
Yeah, you could probably find a copywriter who can write you a home page or an email sequence in 3 days. You might even get one who’s proficient with English. But chances are it won’t do the work you need it to do.
And you’re taking a chance you’ll find someone responsible, responsive and experienced – you’ll be rolling the dice for copy that does you any good.
Truth is: Most copywriters you find on those sites are content writers who don’t know there’s a difference between content that engages and copy that drives action. They – as do many people – think those skills are interchangeable. (They’re not. But more on that soon.)
Just because you’re in a hurry doesn’t mean you want filler – or even well-written content – on your landing page or in your emails because it will fail to directly compel readers to do business with you.
So, what makes FastCopy different from one of the copywriters you’ll find on a freelancer site?
Experience, reliability, credibility and familiarity with tried and tested formulas to name a few.
Our team is made up of Canadian-based copywriters who’ve been trained as conversion copywriters and as content writers. They’ve also written for notable brands such as Shopify Plus, Nectar, PooPourri, Snow, Copyblogger, Copyhackers, THINX, LinkedIn, and professional sports teams in the NHL and NBA.
You see, copywriting that drives action is different than content writing. Both are important – I’m not here to pit one against the other. They work together – and should be a part of almost every marketing plan. (And it’s why we offer both copy and content, along with products such as press releases.)
Here’s a simplified explanation about the difference:
Content is meant to educate, engage and inform. It helps readers get to know you, like you and trust you. Content writers write things like blog posts, newsletters and ebooks.
Copy is meant to compel readers to take an action, whether it’s to sign up for your lead magnet, register for a webinar or to buy from you. They use psychology, salesmanship and brain science to write websites, landing pages and emails.
Here at FastCopy, we know the difference and when it’s best to use content or copy. Because there isn’t much we haven’t seen or written. We know things.
FastCopy is your perfect choice if you need good or better copy now
If you don’t have copy for a nurture sequence, your home page or something else – or if you have copy, but want to make it better – get it from FastCopy. You don’t need to overthink your messaging or to painfully heave the right words out of your busy, overworked (and, oh so very tired) mind.
Just click the Shop Now button, choose what you want, then wait a few days for your shiny, new copy.
It’s that simple. Really. You’re only a few days away from kicking copy or content off your to-do list.
The copywriter behind FastCopy
I'm Lisa Pierson, conversion copywriter - and I think everybody deserves copy they're delighted to have on their website, ads, emails or anywhere else.
Not every business or entrepreneur is in the position to invest in high-impact copy, or have the luxury to wait weeks or months for the copy to be delivered.
It might be that you're a high-growth startup and you're juggling about 8 million other things at the moment. Or, it could be you're an agency owner, and you have multiple puzzle pieces that need to fit together at precisely the right time.
Whatever it is, you know copy is crucial, but you don't have the time, energy or resources to invest in finding, waiting or training a copywriter.
That's why we're here. So you can get professional-grade copy, quickly.
A few things about me:
- I’m one of only a dozen or so certified Copyhackers conversion copywriters globally.
- I’ve spoken about copywriting at several digital marketing conferences including Inbound, CTA Conf, Conversion Hotel and Digital Growth Unleashed.
- I’m the mother of teenagers. I’m teaching one of those teenagers to drive – I’ve got nerves of steel, man.
- Some of my recent copywriting achievements include:
- A landing page for a D2C business I recently wrote has consistently performed at 2x their target, and the ads using the landing page are the best performing in their whole ad account.
- A promo email sequence I wrote for an ecommerce business exceeded all of their previous promo sequences.
- An email sequence I wrote for a high-growth SaaS biz experienced their highest open rates ever, and set the new standard/bar for all subsequent email sequences.
- I’m a grizzled, running veteran with multiple half and full marathons under my belt.
Welcome to FastCopy. I’m so very pleased you’re here.